Updated: Jul 14, 2019
I purposely live a slower paced life than most and still so much happens in the seven days we call a week. I never realize the volume of "stuff" I deal with until I look back at my week in preparation for my "Lessons I Learned" posts. Here's my list for this week.
1. Poor decisions in your youth often out live you.
2. I love reading Austin Kleon's books.
3. Long haired cats puke a lot.
4. Most of the inner stories I tell myself aren't true.
5. Life is meant to be lived one day at a time.
"Any man can fight the battles of just one day. It is only when you and I add the burden of those two awful eternities, yesterday and tomorrow, that we break down. It is not the experience of today that drives men mad it is the remorse or bitterness for something which happened yesterday or the dread of what tomorrow may bring. Let us, therefore, do our best to live but one day at a time." Excerpt from Richmond Walker's book of meditations for recovering alcoholics, "Twenty-Four Hours A Day."